- AMD Zen3 CPUs.
- This hosting service is run as a hobby not as a business
- There’s no Uptime guarantee or SLA but since I’m running my own stuff on it, it’s pretty reliable.
Total downtime since 01/01/2019: 05h42m47sec (>99.99% Uptime)
- 11/05/2020: Nameserver - 0h09m43sec - Maintenance work, *.her.st domains didn’t resolve during that time, everything else was fine
- 01/07/2020: EVERYTHING - 5h12m04sec - Power surge, entire Rack in the DC went offline, our PSU didn’t survive and got replaced.
- 28/10/2022: EVERYTHING - 0h15m04sec - Migrated to a bigger and faster server, staggered downtime per vm, no data loss.
- 29/10/2022: EVERYTHING - 0h02m00sec - IPv6 assignment to NICs failed, fixed by rebooting the server.
- 19/01/2023: DNS/Reveser Proxy - 0h04m00sec - Docker Overlay FS’s grew too big, had to reclaim some disk space.
Additional downtimes not explicitly stated / not included in the total downtime:
Two quarterly node reboots for updates, taking less than 3 minutes each.
How do I order?!
1. Configure your Plan
*Web: You will get sftp (scp, lftp) access to your webroot. You will need to provide a ssh public key. No rsync/ftp support. We will manage your TLS on our nginx reverse proxy with Let’s Encrypt. 1$ Plan comes with 1GB of NVME storage. Preferably paid yearly.
- Network: 1Gbit fair use. 1TB/m considered fair per 5$. (If you spend 20$ you get 5TB)
- Docker: You have to provide a docker-compose.yml file. I’ll run it for you.
- LXC / Docker: RAM/Disk/CPU scaling on demand (usually) without reboots.
- Backups for LXC on request and additional cost.
PLEASE NOTE THAT LXC OUTPERFORMS KVM IN MOST CASES DUE TO LOWER OVERHEAD ONLY USE KVM IF YOU NEED A CUSTOM KERNEL OR THE LXC CONTAINER DOESN’T WORK FOR YOU
2. message me on XMPP
3. Pay XMR
Terms of Service
- You are responsible for your own data. I will not be held responsible for any data loss.
- You are responsible for your own security. If your server gets compromised, I will nuke it.
- You will secure your server. You will not use password authentication for ssh.
You agree that you will not run things like:
- Tor Exit nodes or Relays (we already run one on this server)
- Torrent (Germany is actively Monitoring)
or do things like:
- Attacking systems (Flooding, Mass-Scanning, Spamming, …)
- View/Hit Botting
and not serve things like:
- Movies, Music, Series, Games,… for which you don’t hold the copyright
- Pornography (i don’t care, but there’s always too much bandwidth involved)
If I start getting complaint letters about something severe, I’ll nuke your server. I respect your freedom and privacy but I am not your legal shield